Tuesday 27 November 2012

Capturing Rushes

I have now completed one editing session where I managed to capture all of my rushes onto the computer ready for editing. It took quite a while for the capturing to complete due to the fact that I had so much footage, the process works in real time therefore it took around sixty to seventy minutes to capture all of the rushes. However during this time I was able to watch through all of the footage I had taken and review each shot individually giving me an idea on the best bits I had and what I'd like to use.

Although it was good to get to see all of my footage on the computer it did take quite a lot of time and unfortunately I came across many errors throughout the capturing rushes process. Some rushes that were captured appeared to error causing the program to crash and leaving no option but to close the program and continue from where the error occured. This became quite frustrating after a while as it appeared to happen on a lot of the rushes therefore the process took a lot longer than I had wished. I think the main problem that was causing the errors was the fact that I had very short second shots that were so short they was causing the program to crash. When capturing my rushes I did notice a few rushes that I could have missed out and a few that I didn't really need which would have made my footage shorter but I think it is good to have a lot of footage as I have so much to work from and I have so many different angles and shots to use.

Therefore capturing my rushes has been successful and I can now begin the editing process however next time I will try to ensure I am only recording shots that are long enough and to not cause as many errors as it has this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment